The mission of the Bailey GREENhouse and Urban Farm is to provide a space of learning and growth for students of all academic backgrounds in the pursuit of a more sustainable and just food system.
After devoting time to the Bailey GREENhouse & Urban Farm, students will:
- Be able to demonstrate basic horticultural skills like weeding, sowing seed, and harvesting food
- Be able to articulate knowledge of the on-campus food system
- Have connections with chefs across Michigan State University’s campus
- Develop increased connectivity to food & a healthy lifestyle
- Demonstrate confidence in the horticultural knowledge that they have gained
- Create a community of care and support with their fellow peers through the growing, preparing and eating of food